Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 3...Keep it Simple!


     Although this is my 5 day in a row doing Yoga, this is my 3rd day in a row of doing Bikram! Today, i felt energized all day after class. A bit sore this morning but excited to keep my practice strong. At this point, its Midnight in the Midwest and i feeling a bit tired from the day! Being a Certified Massage Therapist for the last 5 years, i can already see why Bikram is such an amazing practice to re-shape the body, increasing flexibility, aiding in postural alignment, detoxifying the body on a vascular level from the low impact cardio and the heat/humidity factor. Plus, many other benefits! I am going to keep it simple today and only focus on my oceanic breath!
     I have been dealing with some shoulder pain in my right rotator cuff for the last 6 months. Some other forms of yoga have irritated my shoulder. After 3 days of Bikram, i can feel the pain moving around and shifting in my shoulder. I am excited to see the results from this practice in my shoulder. The most important thing i learned today was to not judge myself or others. Our practice is our own! I am no better or worse than the person next to me. I am where i belong. Sat Nam!

No comments:

Post a Comment