Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 4 was Crazy!



     Today was an interesting day.10:00 a.m. Bikram in Troy. I felt strong in some positions and weak in others. I realized this morning how out of balance my body feels. Certain postures just don't feel rite for me. Which makes sense because how often, through out my life before i found yoga, did i do back bends? So some of the positions are awkward, which makes my body feel cumbersome. This is what made my practice stronger today. I want to realign my body through this Practice of Bikram Yoga! The balance of these 26 postures leave "No Stone Unturned". My body is definitely detoxing and now, more than ever, i need to stick to a clean diet. My energy level was up and down all day. So, i decide to do a 4:30 Hot Vinyasa class with Johnny Kest. He took me to the next level as always. That man knows how to push my practice to the limit. He is an Inspiring Yogi and a wealth of knowledge. Vinyasa is fun to me. Its playful! I feel like Bikram has strengthened my Vinyasa Practice and vice versa. Through out this next 30 days of Bikram, i will throw a couple Vinyasa classes in every week. I feel the challenge coming on strong and I Love It! Staying positive and focused! Om shanti, shanti, shanti

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great challenge-it must take alot of dicipline! Once through school I would love to get my yoga teacher certification; Anamaya Retreats in Costa Rice is where I'm thinking of going, but if you know of any great local trainers, please let me know!! Good luck to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Heather! Its been challenging so far in more ways than one. I plan on doing my YTT training in India at Sivananda Ashram in Kerala when i finally get my practice strong. Thinking within the next 6 months. There are a couple good training programs in Michigan. Johnny Kest, the owner of The Center for Yoga, is an amazing teacher and i know many Yogis that have done his YTT! He's been teaching Yoga for like 20 years! Good luck on your journey! Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to get my husband to do this. His body is always a wreck, so I think that this would balance him. inside and out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is Definitely Balance to be found in this practice...Only if he is willing and ready...sometimes we have to provide others with enough information to say yes! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete